The James' Building
Erected in 1880 and the front removed about 1916 upon the widening of Edgmont Avenue. The vacant lot in the view is now (1937) occupied by the store of Feinberg, Inc.
Postmasters William H. Martin (1880-1881), John A. Wallace (1881-1885), Henry Graham Ashmead (1885-1889), Robert Chadwick (1889-1894), and John Lentz Garrett (1894-1896) served here.
Photo courtesy of Jane Baker Calhoun Brown, Chester, PA
© 2001 John
A. Bullock III.
Graphic Details Publications
This page last updated 10/18/05