Photo 5/7/2000 John A. Bullock III.
15th & Potter St.
Chester, PA 19013
Picture of "Entertainment", c. 1917
Picture of the Championship Basketball Team 1924-1925If you have any information and or pictures that you would like to contribute about the history of this church, please forward it to email@example.com
|Former Pastors:||The Rev. Selden R. Cummings, 3/1/1899
The Reverend S. J. Cleeland, 10/26/1904 - 7/31/1907
The Reverend G. W. Wendel, 2/10/1908 - 6/30/1909
The Rev. Herbert J. Lane, 9/1/1909 - 3/1/1920
The Rev. Dr. Eric Oesterle, 5/1/1920 - 1/11/1925 [Picture]
The Rev. Edwin S. Fry, 5/1/1925 - 5/16/1938
The Rev. Ralph Pugh, 11/5/1939 - 3/2/1947
The Rev. Ellery B. Haskell, 4/7/1942 - 6/10/1945
The Rev. Harry Dick, 10/6/1945 - 11/1/1954
The Rev. Dr. Lyle O. Bristol, interim, 11/1/1954-9/25/1955
The Rev. Dr. Raymond J. Bean, interim, 1/2/1955 - 6/24/1956
The Rev. P. E. Thornton, Jr., 6/24/1956 - 1/7/1958
The Rev. Dr. George Davis, interim, 1/12/1958 - 6/1/1958
The Rev. Ernest H. MacEwen, 6/1/1958 - 8/31/1962
The Rev. Dr. Lloyd H. Parkinson, interim, 9/1/1962 - 12/31/1962
The Rev. Egbert H. Frye, 1/1/1963 - 10/14/1964
The Rev. Richard R. King, interim, 11/15/1964 - 12/12/1965
The Rev. John F. Layton, 12/13/1965 - 2/4/1968
The Rev. Alexander Cairns, interim, 3/14/1968 - 9/8/1968
The Rev. Donald Shaw, interim, 10/9/1968 - 12/18/1969
The Rev. Ralph R. Schmidt, interim, 2/1/1970 - 6/14/1970
The Rev. William A. Rader, 9/2/1970 - 12/23/1973
The Rev. Dr. Eugene Wright, interim, 1/9/1974 - 10/31/1974
The Rev. William J. Hillman, 11/1974 - 12/31/1987
The Rev. Dr. John Vanderbeck, interim, 1/1/1988 - 5/31/1988
The Rev. G. William Zuspan, 6/1/1988 - 10/31/1990
The Rev. Raymond Heist, interim, 11/12/1990 - 2/24/1990
Mr. William LaForge, interim, 3/3/1991 - 5/26/1991
The Rev. Joseph Puckett, interim, 6/2/1991 - 11/24/1991
|Church History||The Immanual Baptist Church of
Chester, PA was organized on February 16, 1899.
The building was purchased by Samuel A. Crozer and was enlarged and improved by S. R. Bell.
The church building at 15th & Potter St. was dedicated on January 12, 1902.
Closing services for this church were held on November 24, 1991.
The building is now a part of the Widener University campus and is used as a facility for the performing arts .
Thanks to Janet Moulder, firstname.lastname@example.org, (Church Treasurer for 15 years, Secretary near the end, and lifetime member at Immanuel) for letting us know that the old records from Immanuel Baptist are housed at:
American Baptist Churches in the USA.
© 2000, 2001 John A. Bullock III.
This page last updated 02/24/07